N&C’s view, RM’s problems
A sector at the interface between the hotel industry and ticketing. The problem is rich from a Revenue Management and Pricing point of view with this double dimension:
ticketing on the park with its related revenues (catering, stores, etc.) and hotel packages for stays.
The inventory is well defined for the accommodation component, but less constrained for the park, where saturation is mainly a matter of customer satisfaction. The offers are beginning to be enriched by more complex packages with transportation, shows, activities, and numerous add- ons (workshops, parking, stroller rentals, etc.).
The missions carried out
Classic work from an RM point of view:
- Implementation of levers close to those of pure ticketing and classic hotel business
- Improvements to existing levers, if already in place
N&C’s missions in this sector have also gone far beyond purely RM issues, by accompanying clients on more profound subjects:
- Redesign of the commissioning business model with partners
- Business plan for future investments
- Simulations to size new hotels
- BI projects to enrich the data
This is undoubtedly one of the sectors in which we have had the broadest scope of intervention with a very strong sectoral knowledge.
INDICES E.M.D.P by N&c
The sector’s maturity is still low due to the preponderance of ticketing, which takes away the RM levers on an unconstrained stock. The leaders have already launched the approach but remain insufficiently equipped.