N&C’s view, RM’s problems
Ticketing is a rich sector, which includes shows, concerts, operas, performances, and even sports events…
A venue such as a theater or a stadium may look like a hotel at first glance, with no room types but seat categories. However, the specificities of this sector are numerous: the categories are not fixed and can be resized, there is no length of stay issues and relatively little dynamic pricing.
The particularity of forecasts is that they concern events (matches, performances, etc.) that are not necessarily reproducible: the artists change, and the line-up of a match depends on the stakes and the ranking of the teams. This has led to some interesting issues in this sector, which is becoming increasingly mature.
The missions carried out
Re-segmentation of the ticketing activity on the price categories
- Review the ticketing offer in a broader way: prices, ticketing products, sales conditions
- Equip the sector’s players
- Document the levers that can be applied to their environmentReference models
In the absence of forecasts as robust as in other industries, we have worked on :
- Alerts to identify situations where bookings deviate from the models to adjust the management:
- price seasonality, opening/closing of commissioned channels, launching of special offers to support demand.
INDICES E.M.D.P by N&c
This is a real boom in this sector, which is starting to equip itself and deploy the traditional levers of MR and Pricing. Forecasting remains a particular challenge, but there are many levers for optimization in an industry that has come a long way.